We have 45 camps located at 89 Smithtown Road in Pittston, Maine over one of the favorite eddies for the prized Rainbow Smelts that swim the Kennebec River. Baker's Smelt Camps have been providing the best smelt fishing experience since 1974.
Reservations are strongly recommended. Please make these reservations as early as possible as our camps do fill quickly.
The following link will take you to a current tide chart for our area so you can choose the tide that best fits your schedule before you call to make your reservation. When using this chart for Gardiner, Maine you will need to deduct 15 minutes to get the tide time for Baker's Smelt Camps.
After you determine which tide you would like to fish, contact us by calling 207.582.4257 to reserve your camp.
You DO NOT need a Saltwater Fishing Permit while fishing in our camps.
With each camp we will provide
- All the fishing lines you will need to catch smelts
- All the firewood you will need to stay warm
- All the work necessary so you can just enjoy the fishing
You may want to bring:
- A fry pan, flour and butter to enjoy your catch on our stove
- A few snacks if you want to take your entire catch home
- A cooler filled with your favorite beverage
We will provide the following items for purchase:
- Sand worms for bait
- Sodas, water and coffee
- Candy bars and chips